The hotels are ranked on traveller reviews, and have been winners of the 2012 Travellers’ Choice Hotel awards, which were initiated by the company.
1) The Dorchester, a classical luxury hotel located in Mayfair, London, tops the list. A hotel from the Dorchester Collection, a UK-based hotel management company, it has 250 room and 49 suites, and boasts a clientele that has included celebrities, royalty, and political leaders.
2) Claridge’s is also located in Mayfair, and its frontage is considered to be an Art Deco masterpiece. Offering 203 rooms with 67 suites, and two penthouse suites with terraces, room rates at the hotel commence from £299 per night, with breakfast and Champaign at the weekend.
3) Threadneedles Hotel is claimed to be a luxurious boutique hotel located on Threadneedle Street, London. It has 69 rooms with contemporary designs, for a nightly rate commencing at around £490. For the price visitors can experience the textures and tones of this former Victorian banking hall.
4) The Langham, a classical luxury hotel in London’s West End, has been in business since 1865. The hotel underwent its most recent facelift in 2009, for an estimated cost of £80 million, and is claimed to maintain high standards of luxurious living.
5) The Ritz London hotel is located in Piccadilly, with 133 rooms and three restaurants. The opulent Louis XVI design makes it vintage in looks and classical in ambience. At nightly rates of £500 and above, the hotel offers a choice of many promotional packages.