Close Menu

    Three Days, Six Alpine Regions: Innsbruck’s Weekend Break Formula

    21/05/2026

    Middle East’s Largest Travel App Wego Now Accepts Stablecoin Payments for Flights

    21/05/2026

    TV explorer Ray Mears picks Worcestershire orchards over ‘far corners of world’ in staycation push

    21/05/2026

    The Azores Beat Every European Destination for Switching Off—Here’s Why

    14/05/2026

    Travellers wade through 185 web pages before booking—one founder wants to change that

    14/05/2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter)
    Travel News
    • Home
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    Facebook X (Twitter) RSS
    SUBSCRIBE
    • Travel
      • Air Travel
      • Flights, Airlines & Airports
      • Travel Agents
      • Tour Operators
    • Holidays
      • Hotels
      • Holiday Destinations & Resorts
      • Cruises
      • Tourism
    • City Breaks
    • Winter Breaks
    • Lifestyle
    • Submit story
    Travel News
    Home » BA rejects allegations of risking passengers’ lives
    Air Travel

    BA rejects allegations of risking passengers’ lives

    News TeamBy News Team14/08/2013No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email

    British Airways (BA) has rejected claims by passengers that it had put their lives at risk after it made two emergency landings owing to the same fault.

    The Boeing 747 in question had left Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, for London on Wednesday but was forced to turn back for an emergency landing due to a fault with the wing flaps. The fault reoccurred when the same plane took off on Thursday, forcing it to turn back again.

    Passenger Sean Casey reportedly told the BBC that paramedics were brought on board to treat some of the passengers after the second emergency landing. It is ‘scandalous’ that BA ground staff at King Khalid International Airport had been ‘unable to assist or advise on how they were going to get people to their final destination, many passengers have lost thousands of pounds as their onward flights, holiday accommodation and car rental has been paid and lost,’ he said, adding: ‘I feel BA put 300 lives at risk by putting us on the same plane 24 hours after trying to fix a fault.’

    Another passenger, Ahmed Hamad, also said ‘over 300 lives were put at risk by BA’, adding that after the plane was fixed and passed as safe by engineers on Thursday, the same problem occurred again just 20 minutes into the flight and it was turned back again. After the second emergency landing ‘there were lots of upset passengers and some trouble on board, and a few passengers refused to leave the aircraft,’ he said.

    However, BA has fully rejected the allegations, saying that it would never operate a flight unless it believed it was safe and that the aircraft was returned to Riyadh ‘as a precaution.’

    Read Also  Post-Pandemic Expansion Turkish Airlines Defies Global Trends

    A BA spokesman said: ‘We apologise to customers for their experience. We sent a replacement aircraft to Riyadh and customers have now landed in the UK. Our customer service teams are contacting customers directly to offer compensation, expenses and complimentary tickets as a gesture of goodwill.’

    ‘The safety of our customers and crew is always our first concern, and due to a technical problem, the decision was taken to return the aircraft to Riyadh. Our crew and customer service teams did everything they could to care for customers, and we provided overnight hotel accommodation,’ he added.

    British Airways
    News Team

    Related Posts

    I Found a Flight to Paris for Less Than a Dinner for Two in Manhattan. Here’s Exactly How

    11/05/2026

    The Mistake Fare That Flew Me Business Class to Tokyo for $178 — And How to Find the Next One

    27/04/2026

    The Airlines That Still Have the Best On-Time Records in 2026 — and the Ones You Should Never Trust

    24/04/2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Holiday Destinations & Resorts

    Three Days, Six Alpine Regions: Innsbruck’s Weekend Break Formula

    By News Team21/05/20260

    The Nordkettenbahnen cable car climbs 2,256 metres in thirty minutes. Step off in Innsbruck’s city…

    Middle East’s Largest Travel App Wego Now Accepts Stablecoin Payments for Flights

    21/05/2026

    TV explorer Ray Mears picks Worcestershire orchards over ‘far corners of world’ in staycation push

    21/05/2026

    The Azores Beat Every European Destination for Switching Off—Here’s Why

    14/05/2026
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    Categories
    • Air Travel
    • Blog
    • Business
    • City Breaks
    • Cruises
    • Energy
    • Featured
    • Finance
    • Flights, Airlines & Airports
    • Holiday Destinations & Resorts
    • Holidays
    • Hotels
    • Lifestyle
    • News
    • Press Release
    • Technology
    • Timeshares
    • Tour Operators
    • Tourism
    • Travel
    • Travel Agents
    • Weather
    • Winter Breaks
    About
    About

    Stokewood House, Warminster Road
    Bath, BA2 7GB
    Tel : 0207 0470 213
    info@travel-news.co.uk

    Three Days, Six Alpine Regions: Innsbruck’s Weekend Break Formula

    21/05/2026

    Middle East’s Largest Travel App Wego Now Accepts Stablecoin Payments for Flights

    21/05/2026

    TV explorer Ray Mears picks Worcestershire orchards over ‘far corners of world’ in staycation push

    21/05/2026
    Pages
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    Facebook X (Twitter)
    © 2026 Travel News

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.