Close Menu

    Three Days, Six Alpine Regions: Innsbruck’s Weekend Break Formula

    21/05/2026

    Middle East’s Largest Travel App Wego Now Accepts Stablecoin Payments for Flights

    21/05/2026

    TV explorer Ray Mears picks Worcestershire orchards over ‘far corners of world’ in staycation push

    21/05/2026

    The Azores Beat Every European Destination for Switching Off—Here’s Why

    14/05/2026

    Travellers wade through 185 web pages before booking—one founder wants to change that

    14/05/2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter)
    Travel News
    • Home
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    Facebook X (Twitter) RSS
    SUBSCRIBE
    • Travel
      • Air Travel
      • Flights, Airlines & Airports
      • Travel Agents
      • Tour Operators
    • Holidays
      • Hotels
      • Holiday Destinations & Resorts
      • Cruises
      • Tourism
    • City Breaks
    • Winter Breaks
    • Lifestyle
    • Submit story
    Travel News
    Home » Ryanair sues Channel 4 and Associated Newspapers over safety claims
    Air Travel

    Ryanair sues Channel 4 and Associated Newspapers over safety claims

    News TeamBy News Team19/08/2013No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email

    Irish budget airline, Ryanair, has launched a libel action against Channel 4’s Dispatches, as well as newspaper publishers Associated Newspapers and Mirror Group, over allegations regarding the airline’s approach to safety.

    Early last week, the airline said that it would take legal action against Channel 4 over a Dispatches documentary, ‘Ryanair: Secrets from the Cockpit’. The airline also sacked a longstanding pilot who had appeared in the documentary. On Friday, Ryanair said that it would expand the libel action to include Associated Newspapers, publisher of the Daily Mail, Mail on Sunday and Mail Online, and Mirror Group, publisher of the Daily Mirror and Sunday Mirror and the People.

    ‘Ryanair does not comment on pending legal cases,’ a spokeswoman said.

    Ryanair, which has never suffered a fatal accident, said that the documentary is ‘false and defamatory’. The Irish Aviation Authority (IAA) has already called the programme a ‘misguided attack’ on Ryanair, saying that it is ‘based upon false and misleading information’. ‘Ryanair Plc fully complies with all European and international regulations in all areas of its operations,’ it said.

    Johnsons, the law firm representing Ryanair, issued a statement on Friday confirming that defamation proceedings have been started at the High Court in Dublin. Paul Tweed, senior partner at Johnsons, said, ‘We have been instructed to vigorously prosecute these libel proceedings with a view to securing total vindication of Ryanair’s industry-leading safety reputation, following the broadcast and publication of outrageous and totally unfounded allegations regarding my client’s attitude toward safety.’

    A writ of summons has also been issued in Northern Ireland against the Belfast Telegraph and ‘other litigation is pending’, the law firm said. However, Ryanair withdrew its action against the Belfast Telegraph after it published an online apology for an article titled, ‘Are budget airlines like Ryanair putting passengers at risk?’

    Read Also  Ryanair Authorises lastminute.com to Offer Low-Fare Flights
    ryanair
    News Team

    Related Posts

    I Found a Flight to Paris for Less Than a Dinner for Two in Manhattan. Here’s Exactly How

    11/05/2026

    The Mistake Fare That Flew Me Business Class to Tokyo for $178 — And How to Find the Next One

    27/04/2026

    The Airlines That Still Have the Best On-Time Records in 2026 — and the Ones You Should Never Trust

    24/04/2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Holiday Destinations & Resorts

    Three Days, Six Alpine Regions: Innsbruck’s Weekend Break Formula

    By News Team21/05/20260

    The Nordkettenbahnen cable car climbs 2,256 metres in thirty minutes. Step off in Innsbruck’s city…

    Middle East’s Largest Travel App Wego Now Accepts Stablecoin Payments for Flights

    21/05/2026

    TV explorer Ray Mears picks Worcestershire orchards over ‘far corners of world’ in staycation push

    21/05/2026

    The Azores Beat Every European Destination for Switching Off—Here’s Why

    14/05/2026
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    Categories
    • Air Travel
    • Blog
    • Business
    • City Breaks
    • Cruises
    • Energy
    • Featured
    • Finance
    • Flights, Airlines & Airports
    • Holiday Destinations & Resorts
    • Holidays
    • Hotels
    • Lifestyle
    • News
    • Press Release
    • Technology
    • Timeshares
    • Tour Operators
    • Tourism
    • Travel
    • Travel Agents
    • Weather
    • Winter Breaks
    About
    About

    Stokewood House, Warminster Road
    Bath, BA2 7GB
    Tel : 0207 0470 213
    info@travel-news.co.uk

    Three Days, Six Alpine Regions: Innsbruck’s Weekend Break Formula

    21/05/2026

    Middle East’s Largest Travel App Wego Now Accepts Stablecoin Payments for Flights

    21/05/2026

    TV explorer Ray Mears picks Worcestershire orchards over ‘far corners of world’ in staycation push

    21/05/2026
    Pages
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    Facebook X (Twitter)
    © 2026 Travel News

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.