Close Menu

    The Azores Beat Every European Destination for Switching Off—Here’s Why

    14/05/2026

    Travellers wade through 185 web pages before booking—one founder wants to change that

    14/05/2026

    Thames Cruise Dangled Before Travel Agents Who Complete TIPTO’s 26-Module Training Marathon

    12/05/2026

    Russian bookings to Africa jump 23% as Iran war reshapes global aviation

    12/05/2026

    The U.S. Government Just Quietly Changed the Rules for Traveling to These 7 Countries

    11/05/2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Facebook X (Twitter)
    Travel News
    • Home
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    Facebook X (Twitter) RSS
    SUBSCRIBE
    • Travel
      • Air Travel
      • Flights, Airlines & Airports
      • Travel Agents
      • Tour Operators
    • Holidays
      • Hotels
      • Holiday Destinations & Resorts
      • Cruises
      • Tourism
    • City Breaks
    • Winter Breaks
    • Lifestyle
    • Submit story
    Travel News
    Home » Stansted baggage scanner strike called off
    Air Travel

    Stansted baggage scanner strike called off

    News TeamBy News Team20/08/2013No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest WhatsApp Email

    The planned strike by the baggage scanning staff at Stansted airport, UK, has been called off after the staff reached an agreement with employers, Mitie.

    The strike, which was announced after a dispute over pay, was originally planned from August 23 to 26, with action to be effective between 3.30am and 6am and 3.30pm and 6pm each day. The UK trade union, GMB, has now said that its members had reached an agreement after talks between the two parties.

    The dispute involving baggage scanners began in June this year when Mitie, the contractor who employs the GMB members to run the baggage system, imposed pay cuts that included a cut in premium rates for night work and overtime by 3.5 percent, and increased pay rates of 2 percent.

    The decision to strike was initially made after 92 percent of members voted in favour of action. The strike could have caused significant delays for passengers or leave them with the option of travelling with cabin luggage alone.

    GMB said that they were pleased that Mitie had agreed to pay members what they had been asking for since October 2012. ‘GMB members employed by Mitie at Stansted Airport have voted to accept an improved offer and GMB have now informed the company that strike action has been withdrawn’.

    Gary Pearce, GMB Regional officer, said: ‘I am glad that common sense has prevailed and that Mitie has agreed to pay what GMB members have been asking for since October of last year.

    ‘I have now given notice to the company that the strike action has now been withdrawn.’

    Read Also  Impending Strike Action by Border Force at Heathrow
    Stansted Airport
    News Team

    Related Posts

    I Found a Flight to Paris for Less Than a Dinner for Two in Manhattan. Here’s Exactly How

    11/05/2026

    The Mistake Fare That Flew Me Business Class to Tokyo for $178 — And How to Find the Next One

    27/04/2026

    The Airlines That Still Have the Best On-Time Records in 2026 — and the Ones You Should Never Trust

    24/04/2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Travel

    The Azores Beat Every European Destination for Switching Off—Here’s Why

    By News Team14/05/20260

    Adventure travel insurance policies soared 182% between 2023 and 2025, according to data from SportsCover…

    Travellers wade through 185 web pages before booking—one founder wants to change that

    14/05/2026

    Thames Cruise Dangled Before Travel Agents Who Complete TIPTO’s 26-Module Training Marathon

    12/05/2026

    Russian bookings to Africa jump 23% as Iran war reshapes global aviation

    12/05/2026
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    Categories
    • Air Travel
    • Blog
    • Business
    • City Breaks
    • Cruises
    • Energy
    • Featured
    • Finance
    • Flights, Airlines & Airports
    • Holiday Destinations & Resorts
    • Holidays
    • Hotels
    • Lifestyle
    • News
    • Press Release
    • Technology
    • Timeshares
    • Tour Operators
    • Tourism
    • Travel
    • Travel Agents
    • Weather
    • Winter Breaks
    About
    About

    Stokewood House, Warminster Road
    Bath, BA2 7GB
    Tel : 0207 0470 213
    info@travel-news.co.uk

    The Azores Beat Every European Destination for Switching Off—Here’s Why

    14/05/2026

    Travellers wade through 185 web pages before booking—one founder wants to change that

    14/05/2026

    Thames Cruise Dangled Before Travel Agents Who Complete TIPTO’s 26-Module Training Marathon

    12/05/2026
    Pages
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    Facebook X (Twitter)
    © 2026 Travel News

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.